Monday, September 3, 2012

No more long posts after this.. PROMISE!

I have been playing around with accessories, shoes, clothes, fabrics, etc since I was little.

I would say fashion runs deep in my blood. I have one grandmother who made and designed wedding dresses in Cuba and the other was a Fashionista of her time and had a seamstress to make her designs.

Being that I spend most of my childhood at their houses, my love for fashion only seemed natural. My mom since I can remember gave me full creative direction of my wardrobe. So there were a lot of rainbow stacked socks with millions of rubber bracelets and legging shorts with a skirt over and a shirt tied to the side with a scrunchie (it was the late 80's and early 90's, no judging!).

Fast forward 20 years and many fashion shining moments and mistakes that would have ended me up on the "DON'T" list, I would like to think I know a little something about putting things together.

My friends (who are all amazing fabulous) tell me all the time "I wish I can wear that, but that's only something you can pull off".. (Disclaimer: I am a size 8, its not that I can wear clothes they can't.. all of my friends wear 0's, 2's, and 4's)

I think its because you need a extra something in your step to pull of a big statement piece.. You need to be ready for the attention!

Always think to yourself, ok I have the staples/basics, now how can I make myself more fabulous!!

Like Dr. Seuss says, "Why fit in when you were born to standout?"

I hope you guys enjoy my blog.. You can follow me on pinterest & twitter!

http://pinterest.com/statementpiece/
https://twitter.com/statementpieces

stay fabulous..
nicky


No comments:

Post a Comment